Nepal, United Kingdom / Color / 16' / 2018
Nestled between a beautiful lake and the Himalayas, Ashmina, 13, lives with her family at the outskirts of Pokhara Nepal, paragliding capital of the world. The remote and traditional town is also a busy tourist destination where the locals are profoundly affected by the swarms of tourists who visit it daily. Forced to skip school, Ashmina helps her family make ends meet by working at the landing field, packing the parachutes of foreign pilots in return of small change.
He is originally from Israel and completed a mandatory three-year service in the Israeli Defense Forces. In 2001 he went abroad to pursue his education, eventually acquiring a Masters in International Relations from the Central European University in Budapest in 2006. Moving forward, the next ten years of his work in writing, activism, and graphic design took him all over the world, where he explored more than sixty countries. Over the past three years, he has combined his two passions, making artistic films of high quality that bring to light real-world social and humanitarian issues. He is currently working on his first feature.
Cast & Crew
- direction: Dekel Berenson
- Screenplay: Dekel Berenson
- Cinematography: Vasco Viana
- Editing: Ricardo Mesquita
- music: Flash Fluharty
- Sound Design: Miguel Antunes, Hugo Leitao
- Film Cast: Dikshya Karki, Fabian Gleeson, Sadhana Bhandari, Prakat Pageni, Sachin Ragme
- producer:: Dominic Davey, Merlin Merton
- original language: English, Nepali
- Anna (2019)
- The girls were doing nothing (2017)