Footsteps on the Wind
USA-Brazil-UK, 8', 2021
age recommendation: 9+
Noor and her little brother, Josef, journey far away from home, orphaned from a devastating earthquake. The story highlights the tragic stories of unaccompanied child refugees, of which there are over 400 000 in the world today. The story blends harsh reality and tragedy with resilience as we follow the children’s magical imagination through loss and recovery.
Maya Sanbar, Gustavo Leal, Faga Melo
Maya Sanbar is an Artist and Filmmaker. Her work in both moving image and installation is centered on the art of storytelling. "Footsteps on the Wind" is her directorial debut in the narrative and animation world.
Gustavo Leal. A publicist from Varginha - Minas Gerais. In 2013, his passion for storytelling, design, and illustration spoke louder and he decided to open Dirty Work, a film production company.
Faga Melo. Filmmaker and motion graphics artist, born in São Gonçalo - Rio de Janeiro, studied Cinema in São Paulo and Los Angeles.
Cast & Crew
- direction: Maya Sanbar, Gustavo Leal, Faga Melo
- screenplay: Maya Sanbar, Pedro Paulo de Andrade, Onjali Q. Rauf, Sita Brahmachari
- animation: Jefferson Lima
- music: Sting
- sound: Input Artesonora
- cast: Mariana Chiuso, Danilo Chen, Nara Boldorini, Cauã Martins
- producer: Gillian Gordon, Fernanda Zaffari, Kristín Ólafsdóttir
- production company: Chasing the Light Studio and Dirty Work Factory
- original language: No dialogue
- Maya Sanbar:
- Goal Dreams (2006)
- Hope (2006)