Italy, 40', 2020
age recommendation: 13+
Peyman and his friends are a group of Afghan teenagers on the cusp of adulthood, who find themselves stuck in Athens. In limbo but armed with a new-found freedom, they kill time by aimlessly strolling around the city, sharing jokes, rap battles, stories of the past and dreams of the future. As Peyman waits for news that could shake his false state of harmony, he looks for answers amongst his friends and family, trying to make sense of the world around him through his music and poetry.
Graduated from the London Film School in December 2013, Giorgio world premiered his grad film "Un pensiero kalašnikov" at Venice Film Festival and later on it was screened in many other international festivals. Based between London and Milan, Giorgio is a full spectrum filmmaker working as a self-shooting director and editor for fiction films, docs, music videos and video art.
Cast & Crew
- direction: Giorgio Bosisio
- cinematography: Giorgio Bosisio
- editing: Andrew Joseph Cross, Giorgio Bosisio
- music: Giacomo Carlone
- sound: Joe Cochrane
- cast: Peyman Fael, Taherh Elahi, Ali Rezai, Abbas Karimi, Masoud Koushani, Mohammad Reza Sharifi, Naqib Rasooli, Javad Akbari, Iman Elahi
- producer: Giorgio Bosisio, Afolabi Kuti, Charlotte Carroll
- production company: WE WALK ALONE LTD.
- original language: Dari
- Captured Planet: Kenya (2019)
- Polonez (2014)
- We Lived Like Strangers (2014)
- Un pensiero kalašnikov (2013)
- I am 🙂 (2012)
- Where the wind hides (2011)