Cyprus, France / Color / 14' / 2017
Athens, today. Seventeen-year-old Aria, who is working at Jimmy’s local kebab place is waiting for a driving lesson with her father. When he finally arrives, it is not to go for a drive; on the contrary, he confides in her the care of a young Chinese immigrant who speaks neither Greek nor English.
Born and raised in Limassol Cyprus, she is an award winning filmmaker, based in New York and Paris. She graduated with an MFA in Film Production from NYU Tisch School of the Arts with a full Scholarship. In 2013, she completed her BFA in Film and History of Art at Pratt Institute in New York where she was part of the President’s List. In May 2009, she had her first photographic book publication and exhibition Mother India, with all the proceeds donated to the Médecins Sans Frontières. She is also the co-founder of S’agapo Children’s Foundation, which aids in the education of children internationally. She is currently developing her first feature length film, Borders.
Cast & Crew
- direction: Myrsini Aristidou
- Screenplay: Myrsini Aristidou
- Cinematography: Federico Martin Cesca
- Editing: Myrsini Aristidou, Alexandre Donot
- Film Cast: Chrysa Platsatoura, Yiannis Stankoglou, Audrey Giacomini, Takis Spyridakis
- producer:: Myrsini Aristidou, Robin Robles
- Semele (2015)
- Ma (2014)