Argentina, Peru, Spain / Color / 10' / 2019
Many children in the jungle are abandoned by their parents, who leave their homes to work at the gold mines or to the cities and they never come back. Mapowa, an eight-year-old girl who lives in the Amazon jungle, with her mother and younger brother, decides to go to the city in search of her father to sing him a song on his birthday. Once she arrives at the city, she meets disappointment as her father does not live there. Maybe, he never has. It is by singing her song that Mapowa manages to cross through frustration. Only then she is ready to go back home.
Born in Buenos Aires in 1988. She has a degree in Cinema from the University of Cinema of Buenos Aires. She works at the Audiovisual Industry in Film Direction and Production. Throughout her career, she has written and directed “Un Whisky on the rocks y un Nuevo Living” (Short film, 2010) and “The Land in the Middle” (Medium length, 2012). In 2014 she participated at the Buenos Aires Talent Campus with her film “La Flaca”. In 2016 she directed “Niño Sikuri” (short film). In 2018 she has participated at a Workshop with Werner Herzog at the Peruvian Amazon, where she shot “Genekashlu”.
Cast & Crew
- direction: Natalia Trzcina
- Screenplay: Natalia Trzcina
- Cinematography: Natalia Trzcina
- Editing: Natalia Trzcina, Ezequiel Yoffe
- music: Emy Nazareth Sebastian
- Sound Design: Alejo Di Risio
- Film Cast: Emy Nazareth Sebastian
- producer:: Natalia Trzcina
- original language: Spanish
- Niño Sikuri (2016)
- The Land in the Middle (2012)
- Un Whisky on the rocks y un Nuevo Living (2010)