Home is somewhere else
Mexico, 88', 2022
age recommendation: 11+
A fully animated documentary, narrates three stories which share similar fears, hopes and emotions around living the undocumented experience: Jasmine, an 11 y/o US citizen who lives afraid of her undocumented parents being deported; Sisters Evelyn and Elizabeth -a US citizen and an undocumented immigrant respectively- separated by their different migratory status; and Lalo, who was deported from his home state of Utah to Mexico at 23 y/o and since then has become an advocate to this generation of returnees and deported Mexicans through his spoken word poetry.
Carlos Patricio Hagerman Ruiz Galindo, Jorge Villalobos de la Torre
He is a Mexican director and producer, his films "Those who remain", "Vuelve a la vida" and "No place like home" have been selected throughout an important number of national and international film festivals and have won important awards such as Best Documentary at Los Angeles Independent Film Festival, Guadalajara Int. Film Fest, among others.
Jorge Villalobos has more than 25 years of experience in animation. Among his many accomplishments, he co-directed "4 Ways to Cover a Hole", which was in competition at the Cannes Film Festival. He is also founder of Brinca Taller.
Carlos Hagerman will be present at the screening
Cast & Crew
- direction: Carlos Patricio Hagerman Ruiz Galindo, Jorge Villalobos de la Torre
- screenplay: Carlos Patricio Hagerman Ruiz Galindo, Jorge Villalobos de la Torre
- editing: Inger Díaz Barriga, Alejandra Ruvalcaba, Martha Uc
- music: Javier Álvarez
- sound: Pablo Lach
- cast: José Eduardo Aguilar, Jasmine, Laura, Iván, Evelyn, Elizabeth, Feliciana Escalante, Maricela
- producer: Guillermo Rendón Rodrígiuez
- production company: Brinca Taller
- original language: Spanish, English
- El patio de mi casa (2015)
- Vuelve a la vida (2010)
- Los que se quedan (2008)
- Pasajera (1997)
- 4 maneras de tapar un hoyo (1996)