Widow & Orphan / Hurenkind & Schusterjunge
Austria-Germany-United Kingdom, 15', 2021
age recommendation: 14+
A cinematic poem in episodic verses; two complementary spheres of perception, created through the efforts of two different, independently working cinematographers and editors, each with their own visual language. As a co-production of the Vienna Film Academy and the German Film Academy Baden-Württemberg, shot in London with a crew from a total of five different countries, this film about loneliness has an anything but lonely genesis.
He studies screenwriting under Götz Spielmann at the Vienna Film Academy. "Widow & Orphan " is his directorial debut. Coming from a background in film critics and media studies, he works at the interface between cinematic theory and practice.
Cast & Crew
- direction: Niklas Pollmann
- screenplay: Niklas Pollmann
- cinematography: Christian Neuberger, Simone Hart
- editing: Lea Sorgo, Benjamin Pieber
- music: Christoph Punzmann
- sound: Lisa-Maria Hollaus
- cast: Nava Hemyari, Levin Henning
- producer: Dominic Spitaler
- original language: German, Farsi, English