France, Nepal / Color / 14' / 2017
Jaalgedi takes her family’s animals, like any other day, to pastures outside her remote village. However, the arrival of a white tourist sends shockwaves among the children of the village who have never seen a foreigner in their lives before. Like all her friends, the inquisitive little girl gets distracted from her responsibilities for a while – following the strange white man around the village – only to find a catastrophe has befallen because of her innocent curiosities.
Rajesh Prasad Khatri
Born in Nepal on 1985, is a graduate of Literature and currently a primary school teacher in the western remote villages of Nepal. He has been active as a theatre actor and director since last 10 years. He has also worked as a production manager in few films including The Black Hen that was the first Nepalese feature film ever premiered at Venice Critics Week and won the FEDEORA Best Film. A Curious Girl is his debut short film.
Cast & Crew
- direction: Rajesh Prasad Khatri
- Screenplay: Rajesh Prasad Khatri
- Cinematography: Shishir Bishankhe
- Editing: Kiran Shrestha
- music: Kabita Budha
- Sound Design: Bipin Sthapit
- Film Cast: Sharmila Khadka, Nandalal Khadka, Jhupri B.K., Saune B.K., Kummir Rawat, Kabita Budha, Srijana Khadka, Shital Khadka, Aaula Devi B.K., Sanumaya B.K., Manisha B.K., Dhirmaya Khadka, Birsana Khadka, Rekha Khadka, Pitambar Panthi, Ranna Khadka, Sunjit Kami, Mahendra Kami
- producer:: Min Bahadur Bham, Catherina Dussart, Suman Nidhi Sharma, Fidel Devkota, Catherina Dussart, Nigam Bhandari, Rajesh Prasad Khatri