India, Indonesia, Mexico, USA / Color / 105' / 2018
Ira lives with her family at a remote location within Greece. She will face one of the strongest experiences of her childhood during a “training” session with her father, who has a very specific view for life.
Filmmaker based in Los Angeles, she is the owner of Felt Films, a production company that produces non-fiction shorts and features. Her films have been in competition at some of the most prestigious festivals (Toronto Film Festival, Berlinale, IDFA) and have been favorably reviewed in publications such as the New York Times, Variety, Indiewire and Time Out London. Nix has broadcast her work through various outlets including New York Times Op-Docs, and on television via Al Jazeera Arabic, PBS, HBO, Arte, ZDF, VPRO, CBC, NHK, Canal+, and IFC. Her work has received support from the Bertha Foundation, BritDoc, Cal Humanities, COBO Fund, the Danish Film Institute, the Redford Center, and the Sundance Documentary Fund. She has received fellowships from the MacDowell Colony, Film Independent and the Independent Feature Project, and is currently is a film expert for the U.S. State Department’s American Film Showcase.
Cast & Crew
- direction: Laura Nix
- Cinematography: Martina Radwan
- Editing: Helen Kearns
- music: Laura Karpman
- Sound Design: Leff Lefferts, Giles Khan, Carlos Valdez Berrueto
- Film Cast: Jared Goodwin, Sahithi Pingali, Shofi Latifah Nuha Anfaresi, Intan Utami Putri, Jesús Alfonso Martínez Aranda, José Manuel Elizalde Esparza, Fernando Miguel Sánchez Villalobos
- producer:: Diane Becker, Melanie Miller, Laura Nix
- original language: English