Scent of oranges / Uzly a pomeranče
Czech Republic, Germany, Slovakia / Color / 92' / 2019
In love with a girl that smells of oranges while in a complicated relationship with his father,Darek is gentle, strong and devoted to his little sister and their herd of horses. Darek’s world is a story about the joy and pain of growing up in the isolated yet beautiful Lusatian Mountains. Here, horses are not expensive specimens of racing stables but beings you should care for and love. Not even that is enough in life though, as Darek finds out nearing the summer’s end, closing his childhood definitely. But just like any ending, this is a start of something new.
An experienced director with a range from theater to movies was born in 1952. In the year 1975, he graduated from his studies of acting at the Theatre Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (FAMU). He appeared in smaller roles in many still appreciated movies. After he emigrated to Austria in 1983, he was employed as an associate professor at Vienna conservatory and thereafter till 1994 as a director in Austrian and German theaters. He returned to his home country in 1995. He is a member of Saxon Academy of Arts (SAK). He has so far made over 20 performed titles.
Cast & Crew
- direction: Ivan Pokorný
- Screenplay: Iva Prochazkova
- Cinematography: Jürgen Rehberg
- Editing: Michal Hyka, Andreas Baltschun
- music: Jiri Hajek
- Sound Design: Miroslav Hrebejk
- Film Cast: Tomas Dalecky, Stanislav Majer, Emilie Neumeister, Ewa Farna, Leos Noha, Steffen Groth, Eva Sakalova, Hana Bartonova, Anton Petzold, Jakub Cech, Lubos Kostelny, Pe tra Buckova
- producer:: Daniel Severa, Barbara Johnsonova, Ingelore König, Andre Naumann, Patrik Pašš, Tatiana Javorkova
- original language: Czech
- Cold Sunday (2012)
- Kidnapping Home (2012)